Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Plumbing

SharkBite (www.sharkbite.com) plumbing fixtures is one of God's gift to DIYers. They are amazing and almost fool proof. Matter of fact, while using these cool gizmos in the last house I built, I was joyful that no connection leaked EXCEPT the regular threaded fitting which was not a SharkBite!  These are available online and from Home Depot locally and although expensive, they are worth every penny.  I have one shower, one bathroom sink, one water line for the toilet (perhaps will never be used) and one kitchen sink.  This project will take full a day or less if you have everything. I unfortunately had one snag:  the corner of the building had to be notched to get two water lines around the corner...see picture.  A drill, chisel and sweat is all it took. I believe notching would have been unnecessary had I pre-drilled the walls in that corner when they were going up.  Another lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment