Monday, March 30, 2015

Inside walls and ceiling finished!

After three more days, the inside walls and ceilings are completed with knotted pine tongue and groove throughout.  Another milestone!  I built two bookshelves with adjustable shelves next to the bay window. 

I am going to move onto building the cabinets before installing trim.  But first, I am going to apply a coat of polyurethane which turns the pine a slightly darker, warmer shade.  And then install the ceiling fan in preparation for Summer inside the Tiny House.

I just bought my cabinet tools last night:
  • Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System
  • Kreg DDS 3-Inch No.2 Square Driver Bit and 6-Inch No.2 Square Driver Bit
  • Kreg KHC-PREMIUM Face Clamp
  • Kreg SML-C125-100 1-1/4-Inch 8-Coarse Washer-Head Pocket Screws
After watching some YouTube Videos, I'm excited to try out my fine carpentry skills.  I've decided the first project is to try to build a nice ladder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment